Accessing PGSQL

From: "Vikram Sulakhe" <sulak001(at)bama(dot)ua(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Accessing PGSQL
Date: 2002-09-10 04:55:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi!

Is there a way to execute a SQL query directly from a Win NT machine, on a
pgSQL database that is remotely installed?

I tried using CRecordset Object to connect to this remote pgSQL database.
But if I have a very large database (say 10,000 records), then searching for
a particular record takes lot of time as we need to traverse through all the
records in CRecordset.

I can use m_strFilter property of CRecordset, but then I have to open the
database again and this is also very time consuming process.

So I am looking for a quick way to locate a particular record in a
collection of say 10,000 records.

Is there a work-around for this?

Regards,
Vikram