RE: [GENERAL] Transaction logging

From: "Daryl W(dot) Dunbar" <daryl(at)www(dot)com>
To: "Jim Mercer" <jim(at)reptiles(dot)org>, "Thomas Reinke" <reinke(at)e-softinc(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Transaction logging
Date: 1999-02-23 17:51:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I evoke postmaster this way from an rc script:

su - postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -d 2 -i 2>&1 |
logger -p local7.notice -tPOSTMASTER &"

And I get copious debugging information (-d takes 1, 2 or 3)...

Don't forget to edit /etc/syslog.conf to direct local7.notice to a
file, ala:

local7.notice /var/adm/postmaster.log

DwD