question on Postgres smart shutdown mode

From: Bo Tian <B(dot)Tian(at)F5(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: question on Postgres smart shutdown mode
Date: 2015-02-12 23:46:18
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

I have a question on PG smart shutdown mode.
When shutdown Postgres by issuing Smart Shutdown mode (SIGTERM) request, is there a way for client to be notified of this shutdown event? I tried PG_NOTIFY, but I cannot get any notification events when this happens. BTW, I am relative new to Postgres.

Thanks,
Bo