2 newbie questions

From: "Helen M Hudson" <helen(at)rttc(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 2 newbie questions
Date: 2001-11-19 18:51:45
Lists: pgsql-novice

1. I'm porting a clients database over from access(!). In order not to have
to tamper with the code, I need to rid myself of the oid column. I have a
workaround which involves editing the code, but I was just interested if the
"getting rid of the oid column" was a possibility?

2. I have a date/time column in access... should this datatype be datetime
in postgres... and how do i format the text to import it into the postgres
file using copy?

All replies humbly appreciated! :)

Helen