Re: Getting Started!?

From: "Bryan Encina" <bryan(dot)encina(at)valleypres(dot)org>
To: "'Pgsql-Novice'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting Started!?
Date: 2003-03-13 16:06:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Don't have any installation links on hand, but here's stuff I'd recommend
looking at:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#1.10

Performance tuning stuff
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/pgsqldbtuning.php
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/momjian/hw_performance/

Also, although not necessarily postgres specific, you might want to check
out the book An Introduction to Database Systems by CJ Date. It's a bit
pricy though.
-Bryan Encina