Re: SQL statement limit

From: "Serge Canizares" <serge(at)ephilosopher(dot)com>
To: "Rainer Mager" <rmager(at)vgkk(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL statement limit
Date: 2000-12-19 15:17:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

If I understand your question, you can change this limit, but not to 200k.

By default, the data limit in a field record is 8k in the PostgreSQL 7.0x
series.
You can make it 16k or 32k.

Go into the src/include subdir of whatever directory you extracted the
tarball into.

Before compiling, edit the file called "config.h.in".
Change the line from

#define BLCKSZ 8192

#define BLCKSZ 32768

(for 32k limit).