Importing data

From: "Wes Williams" <wes_williams(at)fcbonline(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Importing data
Date: 2005-10-21 19:10:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've been using MySQL for about the past year and am trying to convert to
PostgreSQL now but don't know the simplest way to import my table data into
Postgre. There are many free tools (phpmyadmin, Sqlyog, MySQL Query
Browser, etc.) for MySQL that let you import Excel, CSV, Text, XML, and many
more into the database but I can't find anything other than the EMS Data
Import for Postgre. Are there any free tools for Postgre that I can use for
uploading data into the database?

Is I am very new to Postgre, I would also appreciate correction if I am
overlooking something simple or just going about populating my database the
wrong way.

Thanks!