Re: how to use pg_dump and then restored onto development server

From: "Zlatko Matic" <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>
To: "ketan shah" <ketan_dba(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to use pg_dump and then restored onto development server
Date: 2005-06-29 15:07:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Concerning this question about pg_dump, I'm also confused and don't understand when to use pg_restore and when to use psql ?
For example, how to restore in these two cases:
A) pg_dump -f D:\MYDB_BCP -c -x -h localhost -U postgres MYDB
B) pg_dump -f D:\MYDB_BCP -Fc -c -x -h localhost -U postgres MYDB

Thanks.