Still have problems connecting to Localhost...

From: "Andre Carvalho" <dudecoder(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Still have problems connecting to Localhost...
Date: 1999-06-08 20:54:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Thanx for solution with "load libpgtcl.so"...

but now I have the other problem when I try to connect to the localhost server (with libpgtcl) I get the answer:
"Connection to database failed
User authentication failed"...

I verified and the server is running with the -i option (it's OK) , and connections from other machines to the server work fine too.
But when try to use libpgtcl to local connections I get errors... Running psql localy works fine too, but with the options:
" psql -h localhost -u template1 "
I received the error:
"Connection to database 'template1' failed
User authentication failed"...

I just can't understand why remote connections work fine and local not... if anyone can help me....

Andre Carvalho...