Re: Hebrew support

From: "Dannyl(at)barak(dot)net(dot)il" <dannyl(at)barak(dot)net(dot)il>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: Hebrew support
Date: 2002-02-18 20:58:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hi dave
thx for the comments. I will post the question and my solution which is
being tested as we speak - that
if u REALLY want proper collation then you need to run on a glibc2.2 machine
i.e. RH7.1+ and set the locales
to something like he_IL.utf8 and make sure the locale support is correct at
initdb time.

I will ask one of my team about the VB controls - I think it should be
possible to build localized version
danny