Driver Bug jdbc7.0-1.2.jar.

From: Roman Levandovsky <roman(dot)l(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Driver Bug jdbc7.0-1.2.jar.
Date: 2002-01-13 08:05:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I have downloaded a driver for postgres to develop in java, the driver i downloaded is jdbc7.0-1.2.jar
It works just fine untill i try to do something with the database from an event listener class.
Then it blows up with a java null pointer exception.
Everywhere else in the program i can read and write to the database but when i try to write a record into the database from the listener class i get null pointer error.
I have looked through it with the debugger and i have found out that the pgstream variable was null when i tried using the driver from the listener class and it has some values when i try to use it from anywhere else.
I will attach the code i am trying to build, you can run it and see what happnes, i have used Jbuilder 5.0 to run this code.

Thanks in advance,

Roman Levandovsky.

Attachment Content-Type Size
UserInterface.java java/* 1.8 KB
ImageCanvas.java java/* 504 bytes
InsertButtonClicked.java java/* 1019 bytes
DatabaseDriver.java java/* 1.4 KB