Re: Duplicate Columns on Insert

From: "Tom Innes" <tinnes(at)inforamp(dot)net>
To: "'Aaron Mulder'" <ammulder(at)alumni(dot)princeton(dot)edu>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Duplicate Columns on Insert
Date: 2002-07-29 22:14:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Reply Below..

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Aaron Mulder
Sent: July 29, 2002 5:37 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Duplicate Columns on Insert

Do you know what INSERT statement JBoss is constructing (sounds
like perhaps it is including the same column twice in the insert)?

Exactly,
Is the
column in question both a CMP field and a CMR field?

Yes
If so, and you
remove the CMP entries for it so it's just a CMR field, does it work?
Yes it does,

But this has several negative implications.
1, A CMR field cannot particpate as the primary key in table B

What is perplexing here is that Hypersonic works fine?

Tom

Aaron

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Tom Innes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Postgres V7.21 along with Jboss V3.01.. I have established a 1
> many relationship between table A ( 1) and Table B (n). When I attempt
> insert into table B, I get a duplicate column exception. The duplicated
> column is the related column.
>
> When I try this same project on hypersonic, it works fine.
>
> Is this a known problem on the PostgreSQL JDBC driver?

(send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)