Re: [INTERFACES] [ODBC] Unbound text box, Text > 255 characters, MSAccess/PostgreSQL

From: Zlatko Matić <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>
To: "Greg Campbell" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pg-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] [ODBC] Unbound text box, Text > 255 characters, MSAccess/PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-10-05 20:33:01
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces pgsql-odbc

Hello, Greg and thanks for suggestions, but it didn't work with append
query. I just couldn't pass more than 255 characters long text as parameter
of DAO query. But, fortunately, I solved the problem by using AddNew method
of DAO recordset to append new row. In this case I could pass directly the
whole value of Me.TextBoxName. It seems that in this way Access can pass the
whole text (as Memo Type) to new row of recordset.
Otherwise if I want to pass the same value of the unbound text box by using
an append query, it can pass just 255 characters long text.
Fortunately, it works with recordset object...

Thanks,

Zlatko