encoding using the odbc driver

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: encoding using the odbc driver
Date: 2005-02-18 18:25:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I changed my encoding from SQL_ASCII to UNICODE.

I believe the Unicode is supposed to support more languages?

Any how the ODBC driver does not appear to support setting the encoding?

I was able to use the .net driver and get the same error, and then add the
encoding=Unicode to the connection string and save ok, but we have many asp
pages where I will need the odbc not the .net driver.

Any one have a work around or am I totally missing something?
I tired a SQL statement SET client_encoding= 'UNICODE'; just to see if it
helped, but no dice.

Joel Fradkin