Finally, Resource-light CRM for Postgres

From: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Finally, Resource-light CRM for Postgres
Date: 2006-09-26 12:48:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Howdy all,

I apologize if this is offtopic, but I have FINALLY found a good open-source CRM application that runs on Postgres.

vTiger CRM is a fork of SugarCRM. The latest branch in SVN, the 4.2.4 branch, does in fact support Postgres. I've got it installed, and a few cursory tests (new contact, net ticket, etc.) show that it seems to work; I haven't tested it more fully, though the developer at vTiger says it's fully supported.

Note that their latest version, vTiger 5, does not support PG yet - they added PG support as an afterthought to the 4.2 branch. So, if someone could do comprehensive testing, we would have a CRM app to use or sell as part of comprehensive solutions to our clients.

http://www.vtiger.com
http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/4.2_postgresql_integration

----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a heavily-armed lamb contesting the vote.

--
-----