Re: "1-Click" installer problems

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Nikhil G(dot) Daddikar" <ngd(at)celoxis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "1-Click" installer problems
Date: 2010-04-01 08:29:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 6:47 AM, Nikhil G. Daddikar <ngd(at)celoxis(dot)com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Here is my original ticket. It has the screen shot  as well as the logs.
> Like many other threads on this forum it remains unresolved.
>
> http://forums.enterprisedb.com/posts/list/2235.page
>
> What I would like from EDB is a list of instructions on how to install it on
> Vista or Windows 7. I've asked this in the forum but I have not received any
> response. Is this too much to ask?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I see 5 responses from 2 of our
engineers over the last 2 days on that thread, all asking valid
questions and trying to figure out why this is failing for you, when
it does not for the vast majority of other users. I appreciate that
you do not want to do a manual installation, but for us to understand
why it is failing in your particular case, we need to do some
exploration.

Sachin told you how to install in a nutshell, but I guess you missed
that so here are the detail walkthrough instructions:
http://www.enterprisedb.com/learning/pginst_guide.do

I don't think that's bad for *free* support.

--
Dave Page