Re: Win32 timezone matching

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 timezone matching
Date: 2010-04-09 11:52:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 00:48, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 00:02, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>>> Oh, another thought here: what is the effect of the combination of this
>>> with your other proposal to add more timezones to the list?

I've applied the patch to add the missing timezone names.

Before I did that I wrote a small perlscript that reads pgtz.c and
compares what's there to what's in the registry of the current
machine. Turns out I had missed one, which is Argentina Standard Time.

This script should probably live in CVS, and be run when Microsoft
releases new timezone data. Where should I put it - src/timezone or
somewhere in src/tools? (it does read pgtz.c in the current directory,
but it doesn't actually edit the file - just outputs on stdout a list
of changes to be made to the file manually)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/