Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list
Date: 2010-04-19 02:36:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
[...]
> What is frustrating about the current process is that ~5% of the bugs don't
> get a response.  How are we going to fix that problem?

that's a two side problem, while certainly there are valid bug reports
that fall in the cracks, there are bug reports without a lot of info,
or with a misguided subject line or that are sent to a wrong list...
those we will miss no matter what...

for those that are valid bug reports we would need a team of people
that categorize and/or respond the bugs as soon as they come... like
patch reviewers but they just respond the easy ones, and let difficult
ones for more experienced people, and maybe something like "fix bug
fest" maybe at the end of commit fests?

of course most of this is just a dream, or not?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova