Re: Installing DBD::Pg module without Pg Database server

From: Vivek Khera <khera(at)kcilink(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing DBD::Pg module without Pg Database server
Date: 2001-12-06 16:23:11
Lists: pgsql-general

PD> I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I believe that I built the .pm on
PD> one machine and copied it to my other machines that didn't have any
PD> Postgresql stuff installed on them.

Not possible. Check out the .pm file. You'll see a "bootstrap"
command from the DynaLoader system. That loads the corresponding .so
file into perl.

If you copied the .so, then maybe it would work if the .so pulls in
the postgres client libs statically. If it references them
dynamically, then you need to copy those as well, at which point
you're having nearly the entire client environment there.