Re: Postgresql usage clip.

From: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar(at)candleweb(dot)no>
To: Erich <hh(at)cyberpass(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql usage clip.
Date: 2000-05-29 23:36:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Erich <hh(at)cyberpass(dot)net> writes:

> What an insulting article! They say that PostgreSQL is "equal" in
> efficiency to MS SQL. The rest of it was pretty good, though.

And Oracle. I would love to see more "neutral" performance tests between
databases though. I suppose MS SQL could be could good for somethings as it
is based on the code bought from Sybase.

Still, the effiency can be a lot of things. I like PostgreSQL mainly
because I can develop and deploy applications in a cost efficient way with
it. But this equation will ofcourse depend on your organizations demands
and skills.

Regards,

Gunnar