Re: Now 376175 lines of code

From: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar(at)candleweb(dot)no>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Now 376175 lines of code
Date: 2000-10-21 10:03:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I just counted lines, not line content. Not sure which is more
> meaningful. Our comments are as important as the code, sometimes,
> though they do not add functionality to the application. I am not
> inclined to inflate numbers, but I am not sure the 59% number is
> accurate either.

Counting the number of lines is only meaningful as a relative measurement
of complexity and spent effort - IMHO. And I think lines of code
measurements usually ignore blank lines and lines with
comments. However, Preprocessor directives is code - and sometimes it would
be fair to add some extra lines for the increased complexity caused by cool
CPP macros ;-)

Regards,
Gunnar
Gunnar