Re: Font for headers

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>,"Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Font for headers
Date: 2006-07-14 16:59:31
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus,

> 2) Buy a copy or two of the font and stick it somewhere where we can
> build the images. The downside is we have a piece required to build
> the
> website that's not easily available, but we'd still just use it to
> generate static images for the site..
>
> Thoughts on these options?

Well, in my earlier life I worked with designers quite a lot, and
frankly there's no such thing as a good, free font. There was in fact
a project to design OSS fonts but given the tedious work involved got
nowhere.

So -- depending on cost and budget -- I'd be up for buying a license.

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco 415-752-2500