Re: How to create a *pass-through-query* in postgresql

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, DI Hasenöhrl <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to create a *pass-through-query* in postgresql
Date: 2001-06-06 23:12:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

D.I.,

> >I use postgresql as backend and MsAccess97 as frontend via ODBC.
> >I know, how to use VBA and pass through queries to update or insert
> rows in
> postgresql->tables.
> >But I don't know, how to do this the other way round, from
> postgresql to
> MsAccess.
> >I want to develop a trigger, which updates or inserts rows in some
> local
> tables in >MsAccess on the client side.

To be blunt, on top of Richard's objections, this sounds like really bad
database application design to me. What is it you're trying to
accomplish? Chances are, it would be a much better idea to simply
relocate those "local tables" to the server.

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533