Re: keyword search help

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: arun kv <arun(at)library(dot)iisc(dot)ernet(dot)in>, Andrew McMillan <andrew(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: PostGreSQL PHP Group <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: keyword search help
Date: 2002-01-31 18:18:59
Lists: pgsql-php

Arun,

> i am arun from iisc,bangalore. we are on a database project and are
> using
> postgresql and php. i am finding some problems in keyword search. we
> have
> to store some keywords in a field and when we give some keywords it
> should
> search for the same in that field. how to store in database and how
> access is the problem. pls help me in this matter.
> with rgds

Unfortunately, your question does not have a simple answer, as there
are several options depending on waht you're searching, how often, how
many users, and what kind of keywords you want to use.

What you need is a book on the basics of database design. I do not know
of one that has been translated into Indonesian. You may check out
lists of English-language books at:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/bookreviews.php
and
http://www3.us.postgresql.org/books/index.html

If English books are no use to you, or exchange rates put them out of
your price range, e-mail me back and I will outline some simple
methods for keyword searching.

-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533