Re: nested inner join help

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Darryl M(dot) Wolski" <drwolski(at)sympatico(dot)ca>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: nested inner join help
Date: 2002-01-15 01:01:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tom,

> Huh? Parenthesizing JOINs is perfectly valid, and I think it's good
> style too in complex cases. See the nearby "SQL Joins" thread for
> an example of a query that's quite unreadable without 'em.

Aha. I see. Of course, the OUTER JOINs here sort of require parens.

So, Darryl, you do want to use parens some of time. Just to make it harder for
you to decide. However, I would assert that in your example query they are
not necessary and actually make the syntax more difficult.

-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533