Re: location for pgdata

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: julesa(at)arbodienst-limburg(dot)nl, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: location for pgdata
Date: 2002-01-10 18:34:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jules,

> since the (test) server will be mainly a database server, i made my
> /var the biggest partition and put the pg data in there. but, is
> there
> any convention or default on where pg data are placed? i ask this to
> make sure i don't run into trouble with an upgrade / RPM / DEB by
> making an exotic choice now.

Conventions are weak. The source defaults to /usr/local/pgsql/
SuSE RPMs put it in /opt/lib/pgsql/. Deb puts it in /var/lib/postgresql
(I think).

So, put it whereever you want. Although /boot/ would bporbably not be a
good idea. ;-)

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533