Re: It's dead and won't get up!!

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "David R(dot) Kucharski" <dave(at)iemco(dot)com>, Pgsql Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: It's dead and won't get up!!
Date: 2001-11-09 15:43:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

David,

> When I tried it your way the attached fail.log is what it spit out.
> running version 7.0.3
> on Linux RedHat version 7.1
> I believe that it was installed as part of the original install of
> this
> machine.
> When I rebooted the machine it failed to restart. It was running
> earlier
> today. I was building a table and used a shell escpe to locate a
> .txt file
> that was going to be used to populate the table. when I exited from
> the
> shell escape it killed postmaster for some reason and I haven't been
> able to
> get it back.

I think you've reached the limit of the help you can expect from a
mailing list. From the sound of it, the machine you're working with has
serious problems that need to be addressed before you can do anything
with PostgreSQL. Besides, you should upgrade.

-Josh
Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533