Re: LONG - Question on dealing w/ numerics

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: ddurst(at)larubber(dot)com, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LONG - Question on dealing w/ numerics
Date: 2003-01-29 02:50:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

David,

> I have a function that is to create a Accounting JOURNAL entry.
> The strange thing is the function works for simple entries such as:

> Here is the function and I can't seem to figure out what is LOGICALLY
> wrong and would produce these results.

I'm not sure the problem is with the function. I think the problem is
with your program logic, as the funciton just inserts a *single*
journal line and updates the balance.

How do you insert the 4 entries required by a full double-entry
transfer as you described?

Also, how about posting a schema?

-Josh