Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group
Date: 2002-12-05 23:37:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Folks,

We have a marketing group: PGSQL-ADVOCACY. Our problem is that we
don't have enough volunteers.

For example, last week Robert and Justin had job crises, and I left for
the mountains for Thanksgiving. As a result Marc had to pitch in at
the last minute to try to get some kind of release out. Thus the lack
of coordinated media splash for the 7.3 release.

We need more people!!! We have right now about 7 active volunteers and
6-8 translators for Advocacy. That's not nearly enough. If the people
on this thread care about marketing Postgresql, then please join the
pgsql-advocacy mailing list.

BTW, we do coordinate with the Website development group, and for that
matter TechDocs.

-Josh Berkus