create database problem...

From: "Miguel Angel Martin" <miguelangel(dot)java(at)ozu(dot)es>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create database problem...
Date: 2003-03-18 21:36:37
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello,
I'm trying to configure a postgresql database (7.3.2) to
use with JSP (developing with Netbeans 3.4)

I've installed Cygwin. I had create the database and no
problem. But second time, I try to run postgresql:

M(dot)A(dot)(at)bw28 ~/basicportal/db
<b>$ Ipc-daemon &</b>

<b>$ postmaster -i -D data</b>
<i>LOG: database system was shut down at 2003-03-17
21:57:41
LOG: checkpoint record is at 0/83B1A8
LOG: redo record is at 0/83B1A8; undo record is at 0/0;
shutdown TRUE
LOG: next transaction id: 480; next oid: 16976
LOG: database system is ready</i>

And the postgres hang it. Then I do a fast shutdown by
ctrol+C, exit cygwin and try again. But the same ocurs.
I try to delete the data directory in cygwin (using rm
and rmdir) and initdb again the database, but the same
ocurrs.

I saw the Admnistrator Guide, Manual and the User Guide
than but, I don't find what's wrong.

Thanks for all,

Miguel A. Martín Ruiz
miguelangel(dot)java(at)ozu(dot)es
Málaga, Spain.
Nuevo Depósito a 1 mes 6% TAE, contrátalo:
http://ingdirect.ozu.es
Correo enviado desde http://www.ozu.es

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 1.1 KB