Re: Sequences Question

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Jonathon Batson" <jonathon(at)octahedron(dot)com(dot)au>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sequences Question
Date: 2002-10-28 17:05:45
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jonathon,

> 1> the seq is definately there
> 2> syntax is a question??
> so I also tried removing the " " around both instances of the
> sequence
> name
> and received the same error. Also tried removing all quotes but then
> parse error occurs.

Real simple ... within a function, you need to use a
double-single-quote, '' , rather than a double-quote ".

PostgreSQL only uses double-quotes for "quoted identifiers", that is
database object names which are not allowed, such as "Table One" and
"1st_try". All other quoting purposes are fulfilled by single quotes
'.

-Josh