Re: Indexing UNIONs

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Indexing UNIONs
Date: 2002-07-16 16:36:31
Lists: pgsql-sql

Bruno,

> It wouldn't have to be a dummy table. You could have both sets of
> data
> in the same table.

Per my original e-mail, this is not an option.

Basically, the two tables have nothing in commmon *except* that events
can be scheduled against either table. Otherwise, the two tables have
vastly different data, which comes from completely different sources,
and is related to a totally different set of dependant tables.

So, no go.

I run into this sort of thing a lot. Is it just the way I design
databases, or is there a need for a more sophisticated model of
relationality for SQL03?

-Josh