SIGNAL 12 on initDB command

From: "Chatari S(dot) Ramesh" <cramesh(at)uccs(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SIGNAL 12 on initDB command
Date: 2004-07-01 22:26:29
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello,

I am installing Cygwin in my Windows XP machine to use
PostgreSql.

I have been having trouble running the initdb command. Intially
I tried using the ipc-daemon2. After reading the archieve I found
that I need to use the Cygserver instead of ipc-daemon2. I followed
the documentation for Cygserver, did all the steps mentioned therein
and tried the initdb command. Still it fails with a lot of SIGNAL 12
messages as it did while using the ipc-daemon2. I would appreciate if
I could get some info. on how to fix this problem. The screen print
from my initdb command is shown below:

$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"c-chatari.ramesh".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
10
selecting default shared_buffers... Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... Signal
12

initdb: failed
initdb: removing data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data"

Thanks,
Chatari Ramesh