Re: Replication

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Hunter, Ray" <rhunter(at)enterasys(dot)com>, "'Postres-sql' (pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org)" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Replication
Date: 2001-10-18 17:12:34
Lists: pgsql-sql

Ray,

> Does Postgres in anyway support replication? Will I be able to have
> load-balancing between two postgres databases?

Not at this time. GreatBridge was working on replication when they shut
down. It's very likely that Red Hat will add replication once they get
up to speed on Postgres, but there are no definite plans.

-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533