Re: ODBC driver for Windows

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: David Link <dlink(at)soundscan(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC driver for Windows
Date: 2001-10-17 17:36:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

David,

> I'm looking through the documentation, I'm trying to figure this out.
>
> How can I get a client up and running, 'psql' and an ODBC driver for
> postgreSQL on Windows? Do I need to install the entire database with
> cygwin?

If you're on Windows, download PgAdminII from:
http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/

This will install the latest ODBC, as well as a nifty GUI admin console.

> I'm playing around with Macromedia's Dreamweaver and ColdFusion which
> can use ODBC to connect to databases. (It can also use JDBC, OLE DB
> and
> has native support for Oracle and others -- not PG though :-)

IMHO, Dreamweaver and Coldfusion leave a lot to be desired as real
production platforms. For playing around, they've OK.

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533