Re: password function for PostgreSQL

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: hodges(at)xprt(dot)net, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: password function for PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-10-14 20:44:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hodges,

> The web interface is written with PHP so I may have to simply encrypt
> the password with a PHP function before storing or comparing it.

This is the recommended approach. Further, you should do the actual
encryption call in an included php file (rather than the main login
page) for security.

If you are designing a PHP/Postgres application, I recommend that you
join the pgsql-php mailing list.

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 2 bytes