Re: cannot restore db

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "P(dot) Jourdan" <pippo(at)videotron(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cannot restore db
Date: 2002-04-17 16:13:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

Phillip,

> >This looks like a pg_dumpall file. Are you just restoring one
> >database, or the whole server?
> I am trying to restore only the database which was on a virtual
> server on some IP. I believe that PG was on a shared server while the
> site was on another. What I have is the copy of the site that I
> periodically made as local backup.

Could be tough, then. The way the file you have is supposed to be used
is to restore an entire database server from a fresh initdb, using
trusted access from the local machine. As such, trying to restore only
one database on a shared server could be challenging.

How large is the file? If you could send it to me, I could tinker
around and see if there's an easy way for you to restore what you need.
If it's over 2mb, though, we'd have to do it by FTP.

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533