Re: PgSQL 7.1 beta 3 breaks ODBC

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgSQL 7.1 beta 3 breaks ODBC
Date: 2001-02-14 00:09:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom,

Thanks for the quick response.

> Try it with the beta version's ODBC driver ...

How do I get it? I looked through the Development
version FTP filetree, and can't find the ODBC driver
anywhere. Link ... pretty please? <flutter eyelashes>

Second, I've also discovered that Postgres ODBC
6.50 and Microsoft's MDAC 2.5 are incompatible ... making it
hard to connect from the same workstation to both Postgres
and MS SQL Server servers. However, I don't know that you
can do anything other than post an advisory on this;
Microsith is hardly going to give us their proprietary code
so that we can make compatible drivers. :-(

-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533