Permanent alias for postgresql table

From: "Marco Lechner" <marco(dot)lechner(at)geographie(dot)uni-freiburg(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Permanent alias for postgresql table
Date: 2009-03-12 12:59:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi list,

I'm searching for a way to create permanent alias for
tablenames in postgresql. We are storing various versions
of a routable network in postgresql (postgis, pgrouting)
and access a certain version with a bunch of php-skripts.
We like to use aliases for the "currently used tables" oo
be able to relink the current tables rapidly by changing
the alias target.

Any idea - or is this approach nonsense?

Marco