Three Unrelated Questions

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Three Unrelated Questions
Date: 2000-09-26 18:42:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

Folks,

Here's three unrelated questions which have been bothering
me:

1. What TYPE does one use in a Create Function statement to
return a full dataset? (Create Function XXX AS VIEW? Create
Function XXX AS TABLE?)

2. The Curval(), Setval() and Nextval() functions allow one
to easily manage SERIAL values for multi-table updates. Can
someone give me an easy way, within a function, to grab the
OID returned by the INSERT statement?

3. I seem to remember reading somewhere some bitwise
operators for PGSQL. But I can't find them in the
documentation now. Was I mistaken? Do we just use modulo
instead?

Thanks for any advice!

-Josh Berkus