Re: authentication problems

From: Russ McBride <Russ(at)psyex(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: nickf(at)ontko(dot)com, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: authentication problems
Date: 2001-09-30 03:56:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Typing "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -h localhost testdb" starts up my
database in psql quite nicely, which seems to indicate to me that the
pg_hba.conf is being read and the line:

local all trust
is working as expected (I assume that this is the line that allows
all local UNIX socket connections).

Hmmm. Perhaps the host line working fine for ip connections as well,
but something is going wrong in the JDBC-specific ip connections. Is
there a way to make a local ip connection instead of a UNIX socket
connection with psql?

best,

Russ