Red Hat Install

From: Kole Dunn <kole(at)arialnet(dot)net>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Red Hat Install
Date: 1999-09-14 19:31:56
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi,
I installed PostgreSQL as a part of the Red Hat 6.0 / Secure Server 3.0
(recently released). When the server starts up, I get the following message:

usr/bin/postmaster
does not find database system
expected /var/lib/pgsql
unable to open file with pathname /var/lib/pgsql/base/template/pgclass

Obviously, the Red Hat installer installed something wrong. How do I fix
this so that I can start using the database?

Thanks,
Kole Dunn
Arial Electronic Commerce and Fulfillment
1167 Annie Court, Minden Nevada 89423
775.267.0220 FAX 775.267.4979
http://www.arialnet.net