Newbie w/ ODBC client not working!!

From: Mark <mlundquist(at)bvsdps(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Newbie w/ ODBC client not working!!
Date: 1999-03-30 21:25:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am trying to connect using the PsqlODBC client on an NT box running
Excel. Excel has the ODBC drivers installed and the DSN is setup. The
pg_hba.conf allows all traffic to connect. I have the IP of the machine
and a Postgres login and password, but no luck.

The error says something to the effect of:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager][Data source name not found. No default
driver specified]

Can anyone give me more information on what to do, I'm at my wits end?
(I have to use a M$ client w/ ODBC, no Perl :( )

-Mark

Mark Lundquist Bell Atlantic Video Services
mlundquist(at)bvsdps(dot)com 1880 Campus Commons Drive
Reston, VA 20191