Testing, Hello?

From: "Henry B(dot) Hotz" <hotz(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Testing, Hello?
Date: 1998-11-25 20:32:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I tried posting a bug report to psql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org and it bounced.

I redirected the bounce message to hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (this list) and
it never showed up.

Hello?

Assuming this message got though I'd like to report my problems compiling
6.4 with KTH-KRB, and what I can say about how to fix it.

I'm still testing, but basically it looks like if you have kerberos 4 then
you need to disable use of the system crypt routines. This *should* be
handled in the configure stuff. I fixed it by modifying fe-auth.c and
fe-connect.c in libpq to not include <crypt.h> and by modifying
Makefile.global to include -lresolv instead of -lcrypt (that gives the
right load order).

The function des_encrypt exists in both the KTH kerberos and the system
crypt libraries with different arguments.

h(dot)b(dot)hotz(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov, or hbhotz(at)oxy(dot)edu