Re: pgsql-committers?

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs(at)math(dot)uh(dot)edu>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, mj2-dev(at)csf(dot)colorado(dot)edu, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql-committers?
Date: 2001-10-30 03:14:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

MGF> Michael ... could there be a problem with delivery_rules? maybe
MGF> where the network is drop'ng between ServerA and ServerB, but not
MGF> being compensated for?

It is always possible, but the delivery and SMTP code has been stable
for some time now and we will retry for ages. Before giving up the
system will contact all of the fallback hosts you list and then finally
localhost. And then if it still can't get through it will put several
alarming messages in your logs.

The logs of the various MTAs involved should tell you what's going on.
(And if that doesn't help, you can turn the debug level up to 1000 and
get a log of the entire SMTP transaction from Majordomo's standpoint.)

- J<