Re: planet "top posters" section

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>, pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: planet "top posters" section
Date: 2010-04-14 13:42:48
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

>>> Well, that's an incentive to join a team.
>>
>> Hmm.  Well, by that theory, Bruce should quite his job: he'd go from
>> somewhere buried down in the weeds to the number one spot on the list.
>>
>> It's clearly not our policy to give people who are on a team a more
>> prominent position.  More like the reverse.  Personally I think I'd
>
> Yes, if any, the reverse. And we definitely don't want to promote
> team-members over individuals. Or I should say, we have traditionally
> not wanted to do that. All policies are of course up for discussion
> :-)
>
>> favor just listing the top 6-10 posters (regardless of whether they're
>> on a team) and the top 6-10 teams (without listing the posters) and
>> call it good.
>
> If it doesn't show who's a member of a team, isn't that very confusing?

If we want to have another screen somewhere that shows all the members
of each team, that seems fine; but the current screen isn't an
exhaustive listing, it's just the number of posts from each team. And
if you want to find out who made those posts, you can: just click on
team name and read the authorship information on each post.

...Robert