Fastest Index/Algorithm to find similar sentences

From: "Janek Sendrowski" <janek12(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fastest Index/Algorithm to find similar sentences
Date: 2013-07-25 22:54:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm searching for an algorithm/Index to find similar sentences in a database.

The Fulltextsearch is not really suitable because it doesn't have a tolerance.

The Levenshtein-distance ist to slow.

I also tried pg_trgm module, which works with tri-grams, but it's also very slow with 100.000+ rows.

I hope someone can help, I can't really find sth. which is fast enough.

Best regards,
Janek