Re: Pass column name in preparedstatement

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: Antony Paul <antonypaul24(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pass column name in preparedstatement
Date: 2005-02-15 12:27:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Antony Paul wrote:
> In 7.3.3 is there any use in using PreparedStatement since the columns
> may change for each query.

Depends on the use case. I created a solution a while back where I used
a MRU cache to hold the 10 or so most frequently generated
PreparedStatements. In my case that improved performance a whole lot.
This was not a PostgreSQL database though but I guess the effect could
be similar.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren