Re: Permissions within a function

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Permissions within a function
Date: 2004-12-18 18:18:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com> writes:
>
>>The Java runtime system just does'nt provide a ClassLoader that can be
>>made to follow the semantics stipulated by the SQL 2003 Java
>>mapping.
>

> [ raised eyebrow... ] Can the spec really be that broken? They don't
> write these things in a total vacuum. Besides, I'd think Sun would get
> after them for specifying nonstandard semantics for ClassLoader.

You miss the point. There is a standard that ClassLoaders must follow
but that does not mean that the Java runtime comes will all possible
implementations of that standard. My ClassLoader follows both the Java
standard and the SQL spec.

So neither the SQL spec. nor my implementation of it is not broken.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren