Re: Permissions within a function

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: vamsi krishna <vamsi(dot)krishnak(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Permissions within a function
Date: 2004-12-17 20:15:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

vamsi,
> Why dont you create a view on the table and access the view rather
> than the table. I guess this would resolve the issue.
>
> What ever select statement you want to have on the table you can make
> it a select statement of the view. thus restricting the access to the
> main table.
>
> Looking forward to hear from you.

I don't think a view would help much. I want to completely prevent the
user from viewing or changing any data stored in the table. Using a view
would just move the problem. Now the user must have select access to the
view in order to call the function and that is just as bad.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren